Menu
Blastiel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Repeated Failed Install Attempts

I signed up for Broadband and Phone on December 10th 2018.

I was told that my installation date was set for the 14th December. The engineer came and to his credit did the best he could. He explained that the feed to my property had collapsed and that the cable to the property next which was free had been cut too short to reach. He fitted the internal wall box and reported back.

I was now given a new date of 3rd Jan 2018. I knew that work needed to be done external to the property, running a new channel and cables so it wasn't a big deal to wait I was happy knowing at least it would happen.

I get a message on Jan 2nd telling me the appointment has been cancelled and rescheduled to the 16th without any reason being given. After many long conversations with the 0345 number it transpires that they were waiting for council approval, why they couldn't tell me when they cancelled the last date I don't know.

The 16th comes around and I've seen no one outside the house or any evidence of work. I've tried 0345 repeatedly to try and get a date for complication of the external work and just given false promises all will be well. Engineer comes on the 16th takes one look and leaves.

New appointment scheduled for 26th. Leading up to this I am in constant dialogue trying to explain to 0345 that there is no point scheduling an engineer visit until the work has been done, get a date for that and then we can arrange an engineer visit. Again told don't worry it will all be fine.

Engineer comes, takes one look and leaves. New visit scheduled for the 15th Feb. I apologised to the engineer as I know they don't get paid for unsuccessful visits and explained that I just can't get any information out of Virgin regarding the external work that needs doing and as such they just keep giving me rolling dates.

I raised a complaint which as of yet is well out of the 7 day response period now and as of yet I've heard nothing. I've tried to get assistance via twitter but again I have been met with the brexit like idea that if I just "believe" it will all work then it will be fine.

Anyway Sunday 27th at the crack of dawn I'm woken by two men here to lay the cable, I cheer internally and make them both a brew. 30 minutes they are packed up and gone.

I ring 0345 and they refuse to move the date any earlier. So I've got 2/3rd's of an install until the middle of Feb.

I know its not as long as others but I just wanted to share the utter frustration caused by a company seemingly unwilling to just communicate with its own internal departments or its customers.

Blastiel
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeated Failed Install Attempts

I've continually tried to speak to customer service to get the date brought forward to no avail.

I was emailed yesterday telling me that my cable hadn't been pre-pulled which it clear has BUT no one I can speak to wants to acknowledge that!

It's like Virgin Media customer service is just going out of its way to be deliberately rubbish.

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It will be up to a week before VM reply here.

Try phone VM and use link to Retention's _ I'm thinking of leaving, they get good marks here for helping.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
Blastiel
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I tired...and failed.

I got an English Call Centre operative, so thats joining and leaving covered by the UK at least.

Anyway he couldn't help so he put me through to pre-installs who essentially said we have no record of the work being done but we guarentee you will be up and running on the 15th.

That is the 5th guarentee so far lol 😄

Sadly I have to persist as I need the bandwidth.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Blastiel, 

Thanks for your posts - I was sorry to understand that you have been having some issues with your installation and of the subsequent delay. 

Do you currently have an open complaint for your issue? If so, this will be with our installation complaints team and they'll be in touch to update you if and when needed. 

Please feel free to pop back if you need any update or further assistance - we can contact the relevant team for you if needed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Blastiel
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

My complaint has now been active for 12 workling days and nobody has been in touch.

The pre-install team still think work that has been done hasn't.

0345 still guarentee everything will be ok, again, for the 5th time.

VM really need to have some level of dialogue between its departments in order to offer a basic level of costumer service, it should never be the case that two men are digging up my garden laying a cable while the pre-install denies all knowledge and just asks me to "believe" it will happen.

If I had any other alternative option as a supplier I would be on them like moss on a gravestone.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blastiel,

Very sorry to hear you haven't had a response about this. 

We would need to take some more details so we can look into this further for you.

I will send you a PM with the details we would need, if you can reply to that message, we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
antsp
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Im glad im not the only one! I have had a pretty similar experience to yours and after the first failed installation I decided to give it another go! Mad you say, and clearly from the second experience the same is repeating itself. No one can tell me anything other than someone will come to install the cable before the installation date. Engineers have come and gone without doing anything and still no reason can be given to me. Seems like im going to have to abandon installation again before im left without any internet connection this week. The most shocking customer service and lack of communication I have experienced in a long time. But I will wait and give them a final chance but I suspect im right all along and I should just stick with my existing supplier or move to Sky instead.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Antsp,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear that you're still waiting to be installed.

We need to take a look at your account to see if there are any updates on both the pre-install and the install jobs, and we can do this via online chat.

Warm Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos