cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renovation works

Brubrux
Joining in

Hi,

We currently use Virgin media in the house we rent. We are in the process of fully renovating a house we bought. We would like to get virgin fibre in this house as well. What would be the process to get an engineer to come in this house under renovation to put the virgin plug in the right room in the house without the need to create an account under this address yet? We expect to be moving to this house in a few months so do not want to have an account under this address just yet.

Thanks a lot for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Brubrux 

Have you checked if VM may be available at the renovation property?

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/postcode-checker 

Do you know if the property has had VM previously, also if you have access to the location can you see an external VM omnibox?

Not wishing this upon you, but if the installation runs into any snags it may take a few weeks/months  to get access rights, roadworks rights etc to complete the installation.

A VM tech won't install sockets etc without a firm order.

I'm thinking outside the box here, it might be an idea to place an order  to try and ensure that the property is serviced and working before you move in.  Once it's  up and running  then make use of the 14 day cancellation route, cancel, and then sign up again when moved and ready for the connection.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks a lot for your answer.

We actually live close to the house under renovation and so know that virgin fibre is available on that street. And checking the address on the link you provided I can see virgin is available at this address.

My main worry is that if we transfer the account once all the works are done and we are ready to move, then we end up having a visible cable inside the house to get the plug in the right room (the TV won't be in the front reception room next to the road but in the rear reception room). So I want to avoid that and get the cable works done while the whole house striped out.

Thanks a lot once again.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Brubrux 

VM are supposed to test that everything is working when they install the cabling etc. 

A site visit to determine where you want the cabling should be do-able.

VM will be able to route the cabling externally where possible.

It might also be an idea if you put some trunking under the floor with a length of string  which can then be used by the Virgin Engineer to pull through his co-ax cable if you are having two internal VM points, one for the hub and another for the TV set top box. (you could also use that for Ethernet cabling if you are looking for a stronger internet connection  rather than wifi )

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali