Menu
ambageo
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Renewal of my contract

Hi to all, new to the community!

I'm from Greece and I just called Virgin regarding my contract which was expiring on July the 19th. After speaking with someone over the phone, we reached an agreement to continue with Virgin for another year. As my contract expired, instead of paying 29 pounds per month, the next bill is 51 pounds and we agreed on me paying 41-42 from now on. However, as the last bill has been already issued, I will pay the 51 pounds for next month and then I'm supposed to start paying 41. My question is: why don't I see anywhere in my account something like a new contract, with the new starting date and the new amount I will be paying? 

Another thing that I didn't understand is that the representative told me something about applying some credit to my account. I also received an email saying "We've applied a credit to your account... You'll be able to see it ...into your account selecting My Bills and then the credited amount will be displayed below your Bill Total with 'Charges Since' and "Adjustments'.  However, I can't find such a field in my bills.

Can anybody help me understand what's going on? Should I call them back to ask for clarification?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Renewal of my contract

my first question would be.... you say you're "from" greece. i assume you mean you live in the UK but a greek origin? surely you don't mean you are "in" greece.
0 Kudos
ambageo
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, of course I do live in the UK for over a year now. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ambageo,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry for the confusion around billing.

When you change your package/ accept a new deal this is generally done on a 30 day notice basis, we will take the old amount when billed if within the 30 days however when the next bill is generated you will get a pro rata credit, this is because we would of billed you the full amount past the date the new deal has kicked in.

In regards to the credit applied, you will be able to see this on your online account, I hope this answers your questions.

Kind regards

Paul

0 Kudos
ambageo
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thank you for your response. 

However, this does not answer part of my question: why can’t I see somewhere the new contract I agreed upon with the representative? I understood that I will have to pay the full amount of the package because I didn’t agree on a new package before the last bill was issued. I would expect either an email with the new contract agreement or being able to see it online. 

Regards,

George

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi George,

Thank you for coming back to me, It all depend on how the discount has been added , it could of been a credit added each month to bring the package down without a new contract.

I am more than happy to have a look into your account for you, to do this AI would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
ambageo
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So, Paul_DN took a look and informed me that a discount has been noted but not applied applied for the next 12 months, outside of the contract - therefore there’s no new contract. Everything is now settled and the issue is resolved. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update Gorge.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos