cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of virgin media cable and box

magdalenas
Joining in

Hi,

I have recently moved into a house which has a Virgin media box attached to the outside wall in the front garden and a cable in green sheathing. I do not want to use Virgin and would like to have the box and cable removed. Please let me know how to go about it. Can someone come and remove it or do I rip it out myself?

Magdalena

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Of course you can remove the unsightly external box and cable yourself, if you are sure you won't want to use Virginmedia in the future. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

theres no right answer - staff will get to the post in a few days and [usually] offer to contact the area field manager to look at removing the box and cable - from there it may or may not happen - some AFM's get it sorted quickly others [seem to] ignore the request and hope you forget about it

but give them change - have a time scale in mind and state it here - if nothing happens then remove it and put it in the bin - its perfectly safe to cut the cable at the boundary 

if VM do remove it the propery will be marked as non serviceable so you or anyone in the future would likely not be able to get VM services

Tony.
Sacked VIP

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi magdalenas

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

You can unscrew any internal wiring etc. We wouldn't remove the omni box though I'm afraid. Is there a particular reason for the request?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Of course you can remove the unsightly external box and cable yourself, if you are sure you won't want to use Virginmedia in the future. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for replying. I do not see any internal wiring. The brown box is attached to the front wall of the house we bought and it looks ugly. There is a cable with a green thingy coming out of it and going somewhere. We did not sign up for the Virgin Media services and considering the cost of living crisis, it is unlikely we will sign up for the VM services. I do not like the look of the box I did not choose. Can someone come and removed it? Happy to share my address with an approved engineer. Many thanks.

Sorry, just re-read the message and understand no one will come to remove it so I will do it myself.