cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of virgin media cable and box

DanMcD
Joining in

Hello,

I've recently bought my house and there is a Virgin Media box and cable which runs through my front garden, over the top of my house, down the back of the property and into my living room. 

I don't intend to become a Virgin Media customer and would like this cable removed if possible. It is causing an issues to my development of the property as we are planning on having a driveway installed to replace the original front garden. 

The cable is in a green protective flexible pipe and hasn't been buried in the garden so presents a trip hazard in my front garden development. It's tricky to see because it's green in our overgrown front garden.

Would really appreciate any advice on how to remove this myself or whether virgin could please come and remove this from my new property. 

Many thanks 

Daniel McDermott 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DanMcD

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message to investigate this further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

75 REPLIES 75

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DanMcD

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message to investigate this further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

loucampbell2021
Joining in

Hello,

I have the same issue as the person above, recently moved in, need to convert the driveway for wheelchair access and disability and there is a green cable running across the front garden to a box in the house that we are not using. We don’t intend to use it, how do we go about having this removed?

Thank you

Louisa

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The green cable should have been buried in both cases, however if you get this all removed, VM may mark the property as "unserviceable" for any future users, or indeed yourself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply. It’s not buried that well, I nearly cut it with a trowel taking a plant out!

We have no intention of using virgin media in the future so it is fine for it to be removed permanently. We need to remove the box inside aswell to decorate.

Louisa

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, loucampbell2021,

To get the cable removed or reburied, I'll need to get your details so I can send it to the area manager. I've sent you a private message.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hello Corey, team,

I am in the exact same position  after purchasing a property  - I need to have the box and wires removed before starting decorative works in the coming weeks.

Please could you get in touch.

thanks

Hi @lyzx,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear there's some unwanted cables on your property. I'll send you a private message in a moment to take a few details to get this sorted out for you. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, 

We are approaching 4 weeks since I raised concerns on this. I am now faced with the possibility of putting my decorative works on hold. Could you advise of the complaints or escalation department. 

many thanks 

Hi lyzx, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that no one has been in touch.

I can see that Zach has replied to your private message though advising on the next steps. If you have any further queries or questions, you can direct them to him through PM 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team