cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of trip hazard cable

simonn3
Joining in

We have just purchased the adjoining property to our own, that had Virgin supplied to it. The cable had been laid at the base of the fence between the properties, but now that fence has been removed the cable is a trip hazard between the two properties. Could I please have someone come and remove the cable?

I believe it is a fibre cable and the join into the junction box is unfamiliar to me, I am reluctant to disconnect it myself in case I disrupt service to my other neighbours. However if I can be provided with instructions I would be more than happy to remove it myself. 

6 REPLIES 6

lotharmat
Community elder
Can you post up an image to help VM decide which team needs to rectify!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

IMG_20210811_142740_reduced.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply. Here's the wire now that it's no longer associated with the fence. As you can see, when the fence is completely removed and we require access across, it could be quite dangerous. It's possibly hard to see but it runs the length of the garden to the junction box sitting in the bush. I was near the brown box when I took this photo. 

Looks like it needs burying! - VM Staff should be along presently to advise!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi simonn3,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum!

I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. I'll just need to confirm a few details via Private Message, please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

As a quick update, the engineer has just been and removed the cable as requested. Many thanks for the really quick turnaround and the painless completion of the request. 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi simonn3,

That's perfect, I'm glad that this has all been sorted for you.

Kind regards,
Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team