cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of outside box/cable

miriama
Joining in

Hi,

I need to have the brown box and external cabling removed as I’m having building work done and box is exactly where the wall will be. The box is at least 15 years old.

Will your engineer be able to disconnect the brown box and cables that come from the street supply to the front wall of my house? If so, how do I arrange it? 

Thanks in advance,

Miriama

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I'm not a customer and don't want connectivity.

Thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you a VM customer and want to maintain connectivity?

If so - call it in and they will move the box and reconnect it for £25.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi,

I'm not a customer and don't want connectivity.

Thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi miriama, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear the external box is in the way of your upcoming building works. We wouldn't usually remove any cabling from a property unless there is a health and safety risk. 

As you're not an existing customer, we wouldn't be able to book any appointments for you via the Community. What I can do though is raise this up with your Local Area Manager to see if this is something they would pick up. 

I will need to confirm some information with you including your address and will need some photographs of what you want removed. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi miriama, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have sent the details and pictures over to the area managers now and once I have an update from them, I will come back to directly. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi miriama, 

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you. 

It's just a message to say I've not forgotten about this. I am still waiting to hear back on this. As soon as I do, I will come back to you again. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Kath_F
Forum Team