cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of outside box and cabling

DashS
Joining in

I am not a Virgin customer but have a box and very large unsightly cabling going across my garden how do I get both removed?

97 REPLIES 97

Hi rchotai, we are glad to see that this is on the way to becoming resolved. Please let us know if you need anything - Chris

helen_pope
Joining in

Good afternoon,

I also have the problem of a brown box on the wall of our property and cables running in a green tube through our garden. We do not have Virgin Media at our property at the moment. 

The cables are directly beneath the paving flags in our garden and we want to redo the paving properly by excavating out slightly to lay hardcore. We cannot do this where the cables are because they are so close to the surface. 

I don't want to start cutting cables in case there is a health and safety risk.

Please can someone advise?

Thanks

Hi @helen_pope

Welcome to our community and thank you for your first post. 

We don't usually come out to remove cables unless there is a health and safety risk. However in this case we may have to look into getting these cables reburied or removed for you.

I will need some information from you to enquire about this with our area field team so I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for providing the relevant information @helen_pope.

I will pass this onto our Area field Manager and will get back to you as soon as possible with the outcome.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Owain2
Joining in

Hi, 

How do we going about arranging for unused virgin media cables to be removed from our garden? They are currently running above ground through our front garden

Thanks 

Owain

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Owain2

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I've emailed the area field manager to see what we can do for you and i'll get back to you as soon as possible once I hear back.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi Travis,

Thanks for coming back to me. Could you put me in touch with the area manger directly please. I haven't confirmed any location detail as yet so would like to confirm who has been contacted.

If you could drop me a private message that would be great

thanks

Owain

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Owain2

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to put you in direct contact with the area field manager, the response I received is that we will not be able to remove any of our cables at the moment.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi Travis,

To confirm I can cut and removed cables where they enter our garden from the street and this is not an issue for Virgin media?

Thanks

Owain

MSdR
Settling in

Hello,

I have a somewhat similar issue. I had VM installed when I moved into my flat 2,5 years ago. The landlord now wants me to remove the cables when I move out, both internally and externally. I understand you don't come out to remove cables that are not a hazard, but can you advise on who I may contact to have them removed without damaging anything?

Many thanks!

Melissa