cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of outside box and cabling

DashS
Joining in

I am not a Virgin customer but have a box and very large unsightly cabling going across my garden how do I get both removed?

97 REPLIES 97

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi C145hoo, 

I am sorry about this, do you have a picture of the cable for reference?

Zoie

Zoe,

Herewith as requested IMG_2812.jpgIMG_2811.jpgIMG_2813.jpg 

Hi c145hoo,

Thank you for providing the pictures.

I am going to contact your local Area Field Manager to see if the team would be able to come out and remove the cabling. However we are currently limiting non-essential engineer jobs due to Covid-19, so you may need to wait until lockdown restrictions ease before the team can come out. 

I'll pop you over a PM so I can take some more details 🙂

Thanks,

BEth

Beth

Hi c145hoo,

Thanks for supplying the requested information via PM.

I have contacted the Area Field Manager regarding the removal of the cabling. As soon as I hear back I will let you know from here.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

Thank you for resolving this.  Your engineer came today and removed the trip hazard, very quickly & very professional.  Thanks

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @c145hoo

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm glad to hear that the engineer has resolved this for you in a swift and timely manner. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant team. 

If you have any further issues, just pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

Hi

i also have an outside green cable that I would like removed please. It was here when I purchased the house 5 years ago and I don’t want it anymore. 

please can someone get in touch about removing it. 

thanks

Hi Stevew3,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear there is a unwanted cable o n your property, is this causing a issue or a danger to you or your family?

Regards

Paul.

rchotai
Joining in

Hi, I also have this problem, except my cabling is from telewest (which was absorbed by Virgin) and I'm pretty sure it's obsolete, as I'm with Virgin but they don't use the same connection. It's unsightly and I dont know if it's live but the cable is very close to a drain and I am worried about water and electricity being near together. There are trailing wires too which can be a trip hazard. Can you arrange for an engineer to come and remove the box and cables?

Thanks

Raakhi

Hi rchotai, thanks for the message and I am happy to look into this for you, I will send you a private message so that this can be done. Chris