cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of outside box and cabling

DashS
Joining in

I am not a Virgin customer but have a box and very large unsightly cabling going across my garden how do I get both removed?

97 REPLIES 97

tracyrobinson1
Joining in

I am also in the same boat. 

I am not a Virgin Media Customer, but my next door neighbour is.  There is an excessive amount of unsightly bright blue cable running across my garden,  I would like it removed so that I can do some work on my garden.

Could someone please advise how I go about getting it removed. Thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi both, 

Thanks for your posts. It's great having you both on board with us in the Community. 

We don't usually come out to remove cables unless there is a health and safety risk. 

I'm happy to look in to this for you both though. 

I will need some information from you so I've sent you each a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath,

I realise I said blue cabling in my original post, I meant to write green.(though it does look blue at times).  In my garden it is dangerous when gardening as the excessive amount causes tripping and my hedge cannot be cut without moving it around.

Anyway I have uploaded photos so you can see and have sent my details through private message.  Thanks for your help.

garden cables.jpg

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Message with your information Tracy 🙂 

I have forwarded this, and the photo's over to the Area Manager for your street. I'm hoping they will come back directly to you so listen out for a call over the next few days. 

If they come back to me, I will let you know what they say 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,

Thank you so much for all your help.  An engineer came round half an hour ago.  He has had a look at it and is going to remove it either tomorrow morning or early next week.  He is going to leave the street level connection just in case I want to use Virgin in future 🙂 🙂  

I'm so happy.

Thanks again Kath. Would you please also pass my thanks to the area manager and the lovely engineer that came out so very quickly.

Hi Tracy, 

This is great news. Am glad the teams have been in touch and made arrangements with you too. 

If you have any further issues, come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,

I think the engineer must've forgotten as the cabling hasn't been removed yet.  Would you mind reminding them for me please.

Thank you very much.

Tracy

Hi Tracy, 

Thanks for coming back and letting me know.

I have popped them an email this morning for you 🙂

if and when I hear back from them I shall let you know. If you need anything else, you know where I am. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thank you so much for your help again Kath.

The engineer has now been and removed the cable.

Thanks, Tracy