cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of old fibre cable

d95gas
Tuning in

Before I get my snips out and remove the cabling that's running right around our house, do VM have a team that removes old cabling?

This is NOT part of my install that i currently use, but something that has been there for a good number of years.

We are getting the external surfaces rendered and I don't want this cable to be there.   More than happy to get my snips and screwdrivers out and remove it myself.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM will do it but charge you £25 as a non-fault call out.

Might help if you can post a few photos of the cable and where it comes from and terminates.

If its coming fro the external omnibox is is probably still active. So needs terminating properly

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

staff will pick up the thread and refer it to the area field manager who may get someone out to sort it or may ignore the request - thats how it works - so its really up to you and the time frame you want things done in

soon - maybe 

never - quite possibly

your call

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Well it transpires my post was a waste of time.  Started taking pics of where it goes from the dining room at the back of the house, through the wall, along the outside wall (not even a straight line) round the drainpipe then disappears down the side of the garage.

Round to the front of the garage and no sign of said cable exiting.    So round to the back of the garage, and gently pull the cable.... Pull around 7m through......... Looks like its been chopped for years 🙂

So saved me and VM a job.

Thanks for helping with your reponses.