cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of old external cabling and box

grovepark77
Joining in

Not a Virgin customer but I have an old cable box without a cover and a number of wires coming out of it going to various places on the front of my house. All extremely unsightly - assume from other threads on here that I’d be wasting my time trying to get VM to remove it all and can do so myself?  

22 REPLIES 22

A PM would be good. I am not sure what the instructions mean and I would be a bit worried about doing some damage.

Salvo

Hi Salvo,

No worries at all, I'll pop you over a PM now.

Look out for my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Beth

Beth

Hi Salvo,

Many thanks for supplying the requested details via PM.

I have emailed the Area Field Manager in your area and have asked if they can arrange for a team to come out and remove the cabling for you. I have explained the health and safety risk that the cables impose and I have forwarded over the image to him. 

As soon as I have any updates for you I'll let you know.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

Hi,

I am having work done to the house and driveway and need to remove the virgin box and cabling that is trailing on my driveway. How can I get this removed?

thanks

Elaine

@missyelaine wrote:

Hi,

I am having work done to the house and driveway and need to remove the virgin box and cabling that is trailing on my driveway. How can I get this removed?

thanks

Elaine

you can wait on here for VM who will try and help - what that help will be is the question as there seems to be no policy - some will tell you you cannot remove it as its a utility - its not - others will tell you that by removing it you can harm the local area network 

staff are likely to refer your question to the local area manager - that tends to put the question down a black hole - the last thread on that resulted in the area manager saying that the cable can be removed and VM would not do it

so make your own mind up - i would say you would be better giving a date 7 or 10 days in the future for VM to remove it - if they dont then just do it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @missyelaine

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

We do not typically partake in this type of work unless it poses a health and safety risk. Are there any loose or exposed cables? Are you able to sent us an image of this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

9F49195B-1FC5-468A-9DC5-72488E9C2FA2.jpeg

7012550E-C373-44DC-8D19-2276CEDB0C82.jpeg

111EF4D0-F3CE-4AD2-86E3-157C9BD49CB7.jpeg

 I have attached photos showing the cabling. The whole of my driveway is being resurfaced and dug out, therefore the cabling poses a safety hazard for the builders to carry out the work.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @missyelaine,

Thank you for the photos and for providing the details on the cables posing as a safety hazard to the builders.

I can make an enquiry with our field team to see if it is possible to get these removed. I will send you a private message regarding this now. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right hand corner 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi,

I have purchased a property where the old owners had Virgin Media, and they have left the external box and a large number of wires on the outside of the back of the property which is causing disruption as we require building work on the external wall. Please could you arrange for someone to come and remove these?

Thanks, Sophie

@sholmes wrote:

Hi,

I have purchased a property where the old owners had Virgin Media, and they have left the external box and a large number of wires on the outside of the back of the property which is causing disruption as we require building work on the external wall. Please could you arrange for someone to come and remove these?

Thanks, Sophie

You'd be best off starting your own thread so Forum Staff can see what they are dealing with!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7