cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of old Telewest equipment?

PLB
Tuning in

Who do I contact for removal of Telewest equipment which is obstructing renovation work in our front garden? Many thanks for any advice.

18 REPLIES 18

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Your phone should have an option to attach the photos at a smaller size. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Sadly, my phone doesn't have such an option, but it's quite an old android smartphone. I'll keep working on this - I feel their must be an option. I'll Google it.

Cables attached to our propertyCables attached to our property

Please can someone advise? We are doing some building renovations and need to untangle the cables in the above photo. One of the cables (the thin black which is clipped to the old VM green protective tubing) is live and still in use for our internet. We need to untangle it from what we think are old Telewest or VM cables. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PLB, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Have you made any progress with the photos? 

Our field team would not usually attend to remove cables from a non active address. 

As other members have advised, you are able to remove these yourself but this may delay the installation process in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@PLB wrote:

Please can someone advise? We are doing some building renovations and need to untangle the cables in the above photo. One of the cables (the thin black which is clipped to the old VM green protective tubing) is live and still in use for our internet. We need to untangle it from what we think are old Telewest or VM cables. 

Are you currently a VM customer yourself?

If so you should be able to get VM to come out and look at these for £25 non-fault call out and identify what is what.

Worth noting though that, on some past topics, VM tech's doing a tidy up of wiring have 'tidied up' (i.e. cut!) working connections for services resulting in a further muddle to resolve.

I have uploaded a photo but here it is IMG_20220920_141010 50 per cent.jpgagain!

please see the photo I have uploaded, Nat

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey PLB thanks for posting and for bringing this to our attention.

Sorry to see our omni box is causing trouble with your garden renovations, I am eager to help so please expect my private message here shortly to do this.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. 
Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs