cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of external box

Daniel40
Joining in

Looking to remove external box urgently as I have external insulation and new soffit and fascia being installed in 2 weeks.

I am not a Virgin customer and have previously asked for these to be removed.

Virgin any help appreciated 

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Daniel40, 

Thanks for your post 

It a bit of a tricky one to answer.. 

The Cable remains the property of Virgin Media and is classed a utility 

Removing this may have a negative impact on the surrounding network if it is just cut and removed. 

It would also impact the ability to install any new customers should you ever decide to leave the current property. 

Saying that, It is up to you what you decide to arrange, as it sounds like you need to do the work on the wall 

I can go away and ask one of our Service Managers 

If you can please post a pic of the wall area , That would help a great deal 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're not a Virgin customer, then unless there's a proven health & safety risk, you will struggle to get VM to do anything. If nothing else, it may hinder the ability of you or anyone else to get VM service in the future.

When and of whom, did you ask for this to be removed previously, and did the mystery "they" agree to do so? I'm asking because it's your first post on here.

And finally - can you post up some pictures of the item you want removed? That may also help - although my first paragraph stands.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Daniel40, 

Thanks for your post 

Removing this may have a negative impact on the surrounding network if it is just cut and removed. 

It would also impact the ability to install any new customers should you ever decide to leave the current property. 

Saying that, It is up to you what you decide to arrange, as it sounds like you need to do the work on the wall 

Gareth_L

spell
Knows their stuff

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hello Daniel40, 

Thanks for your post 

Gareth_L

Not a tricky one to answer at all - just inconvenient to VM

The cable is the property of VM which is why the OP is asking them to remove it from his property. It is not classed as a utility in the same manner as gas/electricity/water. It is an option of the property owner.

If removal causes an impact to the network that is for VM to sort out without attempting to send the OP on a guilt trip

Future customers of VM are in no way the responsibility of the OP

A picture of the OPs wall is totally irrelevant

Yes I think that going away and asking a manager would be an excellent option (and a start to delaying tactics)

I would remove all the equipment on your property or better still the builders do it - offer VM the opportunity to collect it or pay for storage then deposit it in a skip which you may already be using.

I would have no qualms whatsoever in doing this but you may wish to run it past the Citizens Advice Bureau - hopefully a quick phone call but I should imagine they are a bit busy at the moment

Good luck with it