cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of cables and boxes

AJMayes
Joining in

Hi I have moved into a house with Virgin cabling and boxes. I need it removed. The boxes are in places where I need to place furniture and can’t because of the boxes. Can you make arrangements or tell me what steps I need to take. Alison

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What boxes do you mean? If they are a VM BB Hub and TV box then they remain the property of VM and the previous account holder will be billed for non-return.

However older VM equipment isnt required to be returned - and they say just to recycle it.

So can you post up photo's of what has been left so we can see what you have.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hey @AJMayes,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

as @jbrennand advised, that the former account holder will be billed for not returning the equipment, so there will be no charges for you.

Is any of the equipment that has been left in your new home on this page here?

Regards,

Steven_L

• Hi no its all external (a fair amount if black) cabling and internal coaxial cables and internal boxes they connect through…theres at least three of them in the house, and one is preventing me from putting furniture where I need to. I just need to have it removed, particularly the box in my bedroom which is urgent because it means I can’t put furniture in and move around the room. A

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

VM's policy on this is non existent - some agents seem able to get a tech to sort it via an area field manager others get nowhere and nothing happens - so its really up to you - wire cutters and a screw driver to remove the boxes or hope that something happens but dont hold your breath

there is no danger to you cutting the wires so agan your choice

Tony - ex VIP - sacked for saying offshore CS is rubbish

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Ok so as long as I know I can safely cut through them I can remove the internal boxes and cables myself. The external ones are so high I’d have to pay for removal. 

Thanks to all that took time to answer.

Hey AJMayes, thank you for confirming this and reaching back out.

We can get someone sent out to take a look at this for you please don't worry.

I am going to send you a PM, so I can take some information from you.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?