cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of box and cables

Chellyc
Joining in

Hi can anyone advise me on who to contact with regards to having the brown box and cables removed from my property? 
I had Virgin installed for the 1st time at my property 9 days ago and have cancelled the service inside my 14 days cooling off period. 
The box was installed when i was at work resulting in it being placed in the opposite end of the house so cables are the whole away across and round front door resulting in a complete mess. The technician that called agreed that it was indeed a messy job and would get it sorted tho people that fit boxes could not come until the middle of July so i just cancelled my package completely. The operator has said they will not return to remove the box or cables and ive to get my own electrician to come and remove? Surely this isnt right?   

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

yes and no to the last part - VM have no real policy to removing cables - staff here will send a request to the AFM [area field manager] that can be mixed some will get someone out and resolve the issue - others will do little to nothing hoping you go away

so wait for VM to get to the thread and see what they can sort out

if they do remove them the property is likely to be marked unserviceable so you would not be able to get VM in the future - you would be better getting the mess sorted out and just leave it dormant

you dont need an electrician - that sounds like rubbish advice from offshore CS who frankly are clueless 

so wait for VM to see what they say - if you are messed about then give VM a time scale and if you still want them removed do it yoirself

Tony.
Sacked VIP

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

yes and no to the last bit - VM have no real policy - they send the request to the area field manager who may or may not action it - if they do remove the cables the property is likely to be marked as unserviceable so you would not be able to get VM in the future

you are better to get the mess sorted out

the electrician advice sounds like rubbish from offshore CS - they are clueless - if VM will not remove the cables or re route them then remove them yourself

posting some photos would be useful

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chellyc,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're not happy with the recent installation of our services, and that the cables were placed around the front door thus making this cabling look untidy.

We will certainly look into this matter for you and see what we can do in the circumstances. 

I will pop you over a private message and take some details from you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Chellyc
Joining in

Posted a question about how to get virgin to come and remove cables and box and was sent a link to a private message asking for account details and nothing back. Has anyone had any Joy getting this problem sorted?

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Chellyc Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chellyc,

Just a quick note to advise you that I have emailed the area field manager on your behalf, this is being looked at as we speak.

As soon as I have any further response regarding getting the cables removed, I will post back to you.

Kind regards Jodi.