cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Virgina Media Cable & Box

L_Wang88
Joining in

Hello

I am not a virgin media customer but I believe that one of the previous owners of my property was.  I'm doing landscaping work in my front garden and there is a black cable that comes out for the ground under and across my front garden which connects into a brown Virgin Media cable box on the side of my house. 

I need to have this cable and possibly other cables that run along the side of the house to be removed.  The cable running across the front garden currently prevents me from getting my builder to re-pave the front garden.  Any assistance that can be provided would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

LW

14 REPLIES 14

It's a Virgin media cable because that is the name on box to which the cable connects into.

Hi there @L_Wang88, thanks for your reply.

Sorry to see that you have been having issues with getting this cable removed. What I will do is email the area manager and ask if this can be capped or removed. I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan

Thanks for your message.

I have replied to your PM and I look forward to hearing from you and/or the area manager.  I do very much hope that the cable can be capped/removed.  As I have mentioned i am not a Virgin Media customer and it is preventing me from doing works to my property.

Kind regards

L_Wang888

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@L_Wang88 wrote:

Hi Nathan

Thanks for your message.

I have replied to your PM and I look forward to hearing from you and/or the area manager.  I do very much hope that the cable can be capped/removed.  As I have mentioned i am not a Virgin Media customer and it is preventing me from doing works to my property.

Kind regards

L_Wang888

contact with staff may get you the result you want but the likely next step is it will be referred to the area field manager - AFM - from there a tech may come and sort it or it may go into the black hole called the bin and be ignored by the AFM in the hope you give up and go away

not to repeat in detail what has already been said but if you get nowhere get your builder to put his spade through it at the boundary and put all the cable in the skip if nothing happens in a reasonable time frame - you should set that time frame

and to correct one mistruth from earlier in the thread from VM - this is not a utility and IT CAN be removed by you if VM do nothing

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @L_Wang88

Thank you for responding to Nathan's private message, I hope that the Area Field Manager can get everything sorted with the removal of your cable and box soon 🙂 If there's anything else you need please do let us know.

Best wishes,

Serena