cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote nas access on hub4

Dpez19
Joining in

How do I set up my router so I can access my nas from outside my network. Can I set up dynamic dns or is there another way 

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM hub do not have any form of DDNS. You will have to run one on your machine. That said the VM IP address changes rarely, at one time I had the same one for over 2 years,

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get a 3rd party router with DDNS and use hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Get a 3rd party router with DDNS and use hub in modem mode.” WHY, you can get around the problem for free by running a small piece of software on your machine. You can even do it in a script on Linux.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Yes and I do run no-ip client on my server but the OP may not want to leave a PC running all the time.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Another wanting to open a can of worms. Do not directly expose your NAS to the Internet.

Get a router that supports OpenVPN etc. Set up your remote clients to use openVPN certification. Configure your NAS to permit connections from your OpenVPN as well as home LAN.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky