cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration failure?

Hanstmat
Tuning in

Hi all,

Can someone please help with my hub, the light around the hub are slowly flashing white. 
When I sign in it says there has been a registration failure. 

The internet would suddenly work again for a few minutes but most of yesterday I had no internet.

Thanks 

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check for local issues on 0800 561 0061 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hanstmat thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding connectivity.

I've ran some checks for you today, and your Hub appears to be online so the faults would appear to have been resolved. 
Can you please confirm if you're still having problems or have things been resolved?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hello,

hub is always working however most days we don’t have internet or it cuts out for a period of time then mysteriously comes back on by itself. Even though apparently there is no issue in the area.

because of this shambolic service I was cut out of a job interview twice. 
I expect compensation because it’s ridiculous how the internet cuts out most days and we are suppose to sit here and wait. 

Internet dropped for long periods yesterday and internet already dropped today.

What kind of internet service is this. Have this sorted ASAP.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A couple of things to try

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

The BQM is especially important, as it will record any network loss to your Hub and will be useful if you need to seek compensation for loss of service etc.

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are you using a WiFi connection to the Hub? If so, connect with an ethernet cable as a test and see if that works.. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

No internet works, wireless wired doesn’t matter.

dropped about 5/6 times today. 

We will not continue with this, no one should be putting up with this. It’s been on and off all week after I had reset it as the previous commenter said. And it still goes down. 

And the link you provided is full of ads. So even after resetting I can’t do anything with the link provided.

Down again. Twice in the hour whilst doing something important.