Menu
Highlighted
damiancomer
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Registration Failure

We had issues in the N6 area, was cleared and we still have no connection. Helpdesk told us it would solve itself between now and 21st May so refunded us £13 (wow) . Our neighbour is have the same problem, and just text me to say it's apparently the box and Virgin need to send an engineer. Who do I believe? Smiley Happy

I've run the diagnostic on the box and the Web for the last couple of days. Run it again and it's saying its turned off, but I'm on the box webconsole, so it's on.

0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registration Failure

If there is a line fault preventing your service from working, the diagnostic will not be able to connect to your box/hub and will report them as switched off.

You have little choice but to wait for the fault to be repaired. You can claim a refund for each 24 hour period without service.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rebecca_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey damiancomer, 

Thanks for getting in touch and Welcome to the Community! Smiley Very Happy 

I'm really sorry that you've been having trouble with your Broadband. 

I've taken a look at things from here and can see there are currently no open fault tickets on the Network in your area that would cause this. 

I can see though that your upstream power levels are out of spec, so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a look for you. 

I've sent you a private message so that we can arrange an appointment, you can find it by clicking on the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen. 

Speak soon 

Rebecca 

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
damiancomer
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connection is back and stable again. Engineer was booked but I didn't see/hear from them. Fault must have been at the box outside.

Thanks for your replies.

0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The technician will usually require access to check everything is ok after adjusting power levels else, so I would not just assume that everything is now permanently fixed. Temperature etc can cause levels to change. If a faulty piece of equipment was changed that might mean the tech did not need to visit you.

To be on the safe side, enter 192.168.0.1 into your browser and click on router status (do not log in). Check you upstream and downstream logs and make sure the power levels are okay. See Sephiroth's guide under Broadband, Speed section of the forum or cut and paste the logs on here and one of the experts will advise.
0 Kudos