Menu
Highlighted
R3dbvll
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Red light on my Hub 3 after upgrade to 350Mb/s

HI all,

I've been on the Vivid 150 service for some time now, and have a SuperHub 3.

After talking to a rep at Virgin today (about lowering our phone bill as it happens), he upgraded my broadband to the 350Mb/s service.   All is good, it so far seems reliable and delivers good speeds.

However, the Hub 3 (which is and always has been in modem mode), now has a red light at the bottom, rather than the green it used to have.  Everything works fine, no faults, the unit is certainly not over heating.   

Is this related to the change of speed?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Red light on my Hub 3 after upgrade to 350Mb/s

the light in modem mode should be magenta - red to you and me - in normal [router mode] it should be white - a green light at the bottom usually means there is a fault

make of that what you want - so what you have is correct - what the green light was trying to tell you before i have no idea 

Tony
0 Kudos
R3dbvll
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

I'll take that as an answer!  According to Virgin's own, red is supposed to mean overheating.

I tried an experiment and switched mode to router, and sure enough the light changed to a bright green (again different to the green it was before - getting weird).

All is fine however - I have no idea how anyone could distinguish the colour as magenta!

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

it looks more deep pink to me (which is what magenta technically is), no where near being red though!

Magenta (/məˈdʒɛntə/) is a color that is variously defined as purplish-red, reddish-purple, purplish, or mauvish-crimson.

0 Kudos
R3dbvll
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I supposed it is a deep pink really. What I need is an actual red light on the device to compare it to...
0 Kudos