cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub

Lauzefc26
Tuning in

We have had a solid red light onour Hub 3 for the past 6 days.  No area faults identified. Several pinhole resets done. Hub not overheating but turned off for 45 minutes and restarted as advised and it is still showing. I have noticed since this light has been on the WiFi signal has been dropping. I was also told I was eligible for the new booster hubs and when I click to get them it says I’m not entitled 

5 REPLIES 5

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi have you tried turning it off and on at the mains, boosters won't make any difference if your hub is not working, Why have you left it 6 days did you not think to phone the fault. Regards Micky

Yes I have tried turning it off and on and it is still the same. I have also called Virgin who say there is nothing wrong from there end on and the reason for boosters is because there is places within my property that the WiFi doesn’t reach too well. This was don’t via Virgin connect app. 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lauzefc26

I've checked this out with the back office team and we are going to send a tech out. 

I'll PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @John_GS,

I am currently experiencing the exact same thing. been doing it since the weekend. Hub is not overheating, have rebooted several times.

Internet connection has become very spotty. Drops connection several times every minute or so.

Please assist.

Thanks

Jurgen

Hi Jurgen, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with your connection. Taking a look at your account all looks good. The power levels and signal levels are within range and your area is looking good too. 

I can see an engineer has been booked already to investigate further. Please let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs