cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3

Nigel_F
Dialled in

I received my new TV 360 kit today including a new Super Hub 3. I eventually managed to get the Super Hub is working in Modem mode (I use a separate Netgear Router to provide WiFi) but once the unit starts up the only status light on the front of the hub is a single solid Red light at the bottom. When starting up I get amber then Green flashing, green solid, then the comms and Wifi status lights, but after a minute or two I am left with just the solid red.

I ran the online diagnostics and the tests reported an intermittent Broadband fault in my area and took me through a procedure to ensure the hub cables were all secure. The main status light is still red and there are no other status lights - e.g. no green bidirectional comms indicator, no red WiFi indicator - that the instructions say I should be seeing.

The forums suggest a red light means my Super Hub has overheated but it is brand new and in an open area.

Can somebody from VM let me know what to do. I am thinking the hub is faulty?

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for confirming, the light can look Red when in Modem mode, you could try switching back to Router mode to make sure the light changes.

regards

Paul.