cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on Virgin Media Router

lesmetcalf
Joining in

Red light permanently on spoken to Virgin help staff and carried out their advice but red light still on. I therefore am unable to tell if the router is overheating and whether this might cause a fire whilst unattended. I think I need a new router A.S.A.P.

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lesmetcalf,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that there appears to be a red light on your router which isn't changing. When this happens, we ask that customers perform the following steps to resolve it.

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the issue remains after following these steps, please respond to the private message that I'll be sending you in a moment. We can then take some additional details and take a closer look at things.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lesmetcalf,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so promptly. As we discussed, a technician appointment has now been arranged.

I cannot confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for security reasons, but you can check and manage/reschedule it if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello Zach,

Just returned home after a week away. I disconnected my computer and router, and all other electricals before we left.

Switched on everything on our return today, but the router (Hub 3) is displaying a solid red light.

I have several times switched it off, and back on again, but still the red light is showing.

The router is upright, in an unobstructed location and the connection speed is still as previous.

The router doesn't feel very warm.

Is there anything else I can do?

Regards,

Andrew

This morning the light is now Orange - perhaps it is recovering?

Hi @abnaeb,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your router recently, and thank you for taking the steps outlined earlier in this thread. Is the router still displaying an amber coloured light today? If so, are you experiencing any problems with the connection too?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team