Menu
sbyrne
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Reconnecting equipment

Have had walls taken down and rebuilt. Electrician has installed a coaxial socket but VM cable doesn't fit. Do I need to get a new socket or is there a connector available? Did talk to customer services before the work to explain and wasn't given any advice then.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Reconnecting equipment

All connections on VMs side of the boxes have to comply with cable standards, as normal aerial coax sockets will leak RF noise onto their network. At worst this can affect everyone on the cabinet you are connected too, so it’s best not to DIY anything connected to Virgin.

The bad news is that as you don’t have a fault there is a £100 charge for them to fit the correct connectors etc.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
sbyrne
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reconnecting equipment

@nodrogd wrote:

All connections on VMs side of the boxes have to comply with cable standards, as normal aerial coax sockets will leak RF noise onto their network. At worst this can affect everyone on the cabinet you are connected too, so it’s best not to DIY anything connected to Virgin.

The bad news is that as you don’t have a fault there is a £100 charge for them to fit the correct connectors etc.

Thanks for the reply it's really helpful, would have been good if someone from VM had told me that when I spoke to them about the work, I contacted them 3 times about it! I could have got my builders to have kept the VM connectors. 

0 Kudos