cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently moved and found Virgin Media cables inside and outside house – do you pick up?

sonyapatelellis
Joining in

Hi

I've just moved into a house that previously had Virgin Media. There are long cables inside the house from one side of the room to the other, plus cables outside the house. I have been told that Virgin Media will disconnect and pick up the cables to reuse. Is this correct? If so can I book a time, thanks.

If not, please advise what to do. I've also read that if I removed them myself - or got an electrician to do so if necessary - that it could trip the service for neighbours still using Virgin Media.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can safely remove any VM cables inside your property.  As for the outside, that's long running difference of opinion.

You can give VM notice of your intention to remove the outside cables and allow them a chance to do it.  Doing so, however, "may" mark the property as unserviceable for future customers.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Adduxi wrote:

You can safely remove any VM cables inside your property.  As for the outside, that's long running difference of opinion.

You can give VM notice of your intention to remove the outside cables and allow them a chance to do it.  Doing so, however, "may" mark the property as unserviceable for future customers.  

theres no difference of opinion on outside cables apart from those who want there to be

its covered in here by staff - how much clearer can it be that that

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Cancelled-recovering-outside-kit/m-p/5269...

Tony.
Sacked VIP