cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent engineer appointments cancelled ?

Joshbisso
Tuning in

Hello

I recently booked some engineer appointments and something odd has happened.

One that was booked for saturday the 6th week was suddenly cancelled and one that was apparently booked today for the 9th of august is now suddenly gone from my virgin media homepage ?

I need an engineer out here to fix my upload speed as soon as possible.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

virgin have a habit of cancelling appointments so they dont have to pay the missed fee for not showing up.

yet if we are at fault we have no option but to pay them.

riase a complaint, this shouldnt be permitted or await a mod to pop in and try to help (I'd request some form of credit)

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
All Tech visits get auto-cancelled if there is a known fault being fixed (it makes sense).

So have you checked for any “known network faults”

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I've done service status as well as the phone number and my area seems to be fine yet I've not had my issue fixed of my inconsistent upload speeds and not meeting the guarantee promised in my package.

I also booked another appointment yesterday after my previous one got cancelled again, checked my app to make sure it was still there and surprise surprise it was gone without any sort of notice. 

Classic virgin media im afraid. Im surprised that anyone is still surprised by their shocking business practices to be honest. 

Hey Joshbisso, thank you for reaching out I am sorry to hear about your tech visit being cancelled.

I have taken a look on our side and I can you have spoken to someone in our team and I can see shortly someone is 

due to take a look at this.

Please can you keep me updated on how this goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?