cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received my router but don’t have the virgin box on my wall

DevonMee
Joining in

Recently bought virgin internet for my mother at her home. Turns out she doesn’t have the virgin box on her wall and therefore, I need to book an engineer to fit a virgin box and wire ect. Just needing to know how to do that as it's not a simple as I originally thought ( ordered QuickStart set up without the engineer as I assumed she had it already) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quickstart kits can only be ordered if the property has had a VM service in the past.

There may not be a wall socket, but just a wire to connect to.  Check outside for a brown or grey omnibox and trace the cables to the inside.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quickstart kits can only be ordered if the property has had a VM service in the past.

There may not be a wall socket, but just a wire to connect to.  Check outside for a brown or grey omnibox and trace the cables to the inside.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DevonMee,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear your Mother is having trouble installing her kit. Adduxi is absolutely right - we are only able to send out Quickstart installation kits to properties that have already had our services. It's possible that your Mother has an NTL world socket or a telewest socket which would be the socket you'd need to use.

Do you have a picture of the sockets that she has installed in the home?

If you're still unsure or can't find it, let us know and we can book a manual installation for you.

Beth

Beth