cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Text from Virgin Media saying my engineer is due

benmcmain
Joining in

Hi,

I've recently received two texts regarding an engineer visit from Virgin Media. Asking me to KEEP or CHANGE appointment. However, I wasn't expecting an engineer and my internet was set up fine 2 months ago and I haven't had any issues. I've been unable to contact Virgin Media yet regarding this. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi benmcmain,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Apologies that you have received a text from us regarding an engineer’s visit you have not booked.

It may have been accidently sent to you in error. As our valued member @lotharmat, has advised this is a genuine number for us and is not a scam message.

It may have been we have accidently placed a digit wrong, and this is why you have received this text message.

Please accept our apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

lotharmat
Community elder
From what number was the text received?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

A mobile number: 07800 002204. Thanks for the help

I believe that is legit:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/44-7800-002204-number-text-scam/td-p/3845005

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi benmcmain,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Apologies that you have received a text from us regarding an engineer’s visit you have not booked.

It may have been accidently sent to you in error. As our valued member @lotharmat, has advised this is a genuine number for us and is not a scam message.

It may have been we have accidently placed a digit wrong, and this is why you have received this text message.

Please accept our apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards Jodi.