Menu
gwa125
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Reactivate old sh2

Hi 

I am renting my sisters house in which she has been the vm customer these last 10 years. Just recently she cancelled her account so I could set my own up. I am still waiting for the quick start package to arrive but I was wondering if it is possible to re-use her old SH2 onto my new account this weekend while I wait for the new stuff. I have spoken to 2 customer service reps, the first said it was fine and said they had reactivated the hub, but there was no internet. The second said it was alright, but when he dug deeper he said my account was not fully activated yet and so couldn't do it. Anyone know a way around this or is there someone else I could speak to?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reactivate old sh2

@gwa125 wrote:

Hi 

I am renting my sisters house in which she has been the vm customer these last 10 years. Just recently she cancelled her account so I could set my own up. I am still waiting for the quick start package to arrive but I was wondering if it is possible to re-use her old SH2 onto my new account this weekend while I wait for the new stuff. I have spoken to 2 customer service reps, the first said it was fine and said they had reactivated the hub, but there was no internet. The second said it was alright, but when he dug deeper he said my account was not fully activated yet and so couldn't do it. Anyone know a way around this or is there someone else I could speak to?

Thanks

When her account was closed the equipment will have been removed from the network. Serial numbers are not reinstated until the equipment is returned & has gone through a refurb, along with the relevant electrical safety checks.

The standard hub now is the Hub 3. Virgin are actively removing the others when customers contacts are closed or renewed.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

gwa125
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. Its a shame though. It was only switched off 3 days ago, but I can see it makes sense. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

She could have simply transferred her account to you.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos