cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wifi not connecting to door bell ring

999harvey
Joining in

I have also just moved to virgin from sky and my ring door bell does not work anymore. I have tried options mentioned and my router can also see the ringdoor bell in the list of attached devices but refuse to connect.

I am getting rather upset so am thinking of cancelling and going back to sky. No help on the phone just a automated machine then I get cut off. 

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have moved the post as that was an old thread.

You say you tried everything so can we get some more details.

What Hub model do you have (printed on the base sticker)? Have you tried a 60 second pinhole rest of the Hub? If its not connecting after that have you gone in and separated the 2.5 and 5 GHz SSID's - and also turned of "Smart wifi", "Channel Optimisation". Finally have you probed the wifi environment for any other SSID's using the same channel as you are on?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

What Hub model do you have - HUB 4 /TG3492LG-VMB

Have you tried a 60 second pinhole rest of the Hub? -Yes tried

If its not connecting after that have you gone in and separated the 2.5 and 5 GHz SSID's  - Yes tried now have a _2 appended on the ssid

turned of "Smart wifi", "Channel Optimisation" - yes tried

Finally have you probed the wifi environment for any other SSID's using the same channel as you are on? - Not sure what this means. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK someone with a Ring system may have figured this out and comment further

See this bit for the last Q

You should also use an Android wifi analyser App (or Airport Utility on iOS) to check which 2.4 channels are being heavily used around you and move your channel to one of numbers 1,6,11 that is least in use at your location.

See this for .. why.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Getting-a-better-Wireless-Network-Signal/td...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

daz1972
On our wavelength

Going to keep an interested eye on this thread.

It's a completely different product, but the problem sounds very similar to that I'm experiencing with a Bosch thermostat control unit.  🤔

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Wifi-thermostat-unit-will-not-connect-to-in...

My friend had a similar problem to this in another property where he had virgin and a few ring devices, turned out in the end it was his mobile phone in that it kept dropping the Ring wireless connection because it had no internet, there was a setting in his phone which kept it connected and from there he was able to connect and follow through with the setup steps...

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s one thing I recommend when moving from one ISP to another is to reset all devices to their vanilla (as shipped) state and start installing them from scratch. This also goes for all apps that the devices may use.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I hated doing this so purchased a mesh system a few years ago and connected all my smart devices to the mesh network (tado, hue, ring etc etc) instead of the Virgin standard 2.4/5 ghz wifi networks, that way, if I were to ever change ISP's its not so much of an issue...