cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

WKD1
Joining in

hi, It says when I check that the service isn't available at a property I have just moved to but all the other houses can get it. I can't see how cables wouldn't have been laid as the house on side of me is attached to my property and the next house is corner to corner with mine. I called sales but just hit a wall please could someone help with some advice please or a better way to check

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey WKD1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get services with us, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Properties are not cabled to the cabinet unless a service is ordered, so if the property has never had a service there won't be a "cable" even if it is on the database. Look on the public boundary of your property for a service "tee" (it may be a shared one with an adjoining property).

Example (it may have a company name depending what the original provider was at the time the ducting was installed:

Cable service duct HFC TeeCable service duct HFC Tee

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @WKD1. I have now passed this onto the team to look into and they will get in touch with you directly to discuss this further.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L