Menu
lisa67
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Hub has died

Well that's it, superhub has died, now no power going to it, rang up tech guys and went through trouble shooter, tried resetting it to be told we need a new one which will be with us on Monday, well why have I got to wait till Monday when my mobile only took a day but a new hub takes 5 days, less of business, can't print off any orders and the worst thing is my kids can't use it for homework or revision, thanks so much for the 12 years service but think I going to look somewhere else for my broadband, telephone and mobile, last couple of months have been hell trying to get virgin to help me with my services and now all my Bill's over £100 each month. 

Totally fed up customer !!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've taken the liberty of moving this to it's own thread, please don't append to other people's threads especially one's that have been marked as answered, it only confuses things,

I don't work for Virgin Media but the way I see it is this.  You're posting at 19:45 on a Thursday Evening.  Even with the best will in the world, the hub is unlikely to be despatched until tomorrow at least.  We then also have the Weekend to consider, that's assuming that they are posting it and not sending an tech to fit the new one.

Either way I wouldn't personally consider a 4 day wait unreasonable in these circumstances.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If so dependant on the Internet for business then maybe a change to a business account would have got a next day delivery.

A few years back I was with a Provider as a domestic customer but they were mainly a business service and my router needed replacement after failing on a Sunday replacement arrived Monday morning.   But in todays competitive domestic market everything is done as cheap as possible for domestic.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
lisa67
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I reported it at 11.00 am this morning actually, my business is Avon so not a big business  business account not required and also having to do all this on my mobile broadband, as I said my mobile reached me next day. I am sorry I will remove my comment and not trouble any of you again.

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don't do that please.

We are just customers of VM we are not VM, having said that VM will pop in due course of time and will comment, we are community helping each other.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi lisa67,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about your hub. 

We will always aim to get a new hub out asap.

Did the agent advise is this was sent out in the post or an engineer is coming?

^Martin

0 Kudos
lisa67
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

He said sent out as we will install ourselves. 

Thank you for answering, I felt a bit hurt by the last two remarks and posted somewhere else.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Right I see. My apologies if you are upset by those comments. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

With respect, while I am sorry if my remarks upset you, I do not feel any of what I posted was a personal attack.  I too am a Virgin Media customer, having been with them since the days of Telewest, I tend to have a realistic output on life and am not afraid to share my personal opinions online, while at the same time I take pains not to attack people personally.

I took the Liberty of separating this post out from where it was originally as by posting into someone else's thread you risked your post being missed by the Forum Team, this was compounded by the fact that the thread you posted in was marked as answered.

This is a community Forum where users come together to offer help and advice to other users.

I personally feel that none of the advice offered in this thread was offensive, indeed looking at the answers given to you in the other thread, they both state that 2 working days is acceptable.  again given the weekend this falls within the 4 (not 5 day) wait that you stated, as weekend days are still not classed as working days.

I do know the pain of having to wait several days for a tech visit even, as I work from home myself.  But the thing about residential connections is that no matter who provides them, they don't carry the same SLA's that a business account has so @dnpark38 comment certainly has value as well.

The thing about the community is that people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and all will have their own insights into issues.  If you have problems then we are happy to help.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Lisa67, let us know how you get on when you have received the new Hub. 

All of the information in how to do this will be included in the equipment packaging but there is more support here virg.in/bbinstall

Rob

0 Kudos