Menu
RedSal95
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to order WiFi booster

Just tried to order a wifi booster and been told they are not available at this time! anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@RedSal95 wrote:

Just tried to order a wifi booster and been told they are not available at this time! anyone else having this issue?

They are apparently being replaced with VMs new “whole home” Wi-fi offering (Plume). You may need to wait a few days before this becomes available at hte website.

If Wi-fi coverage in your home is poor, you can also investigate whether replacing the Hub with your own router is a better option.. either with a new router or with a mesh system.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yes that is true from today the Wifi Pods are available today when you call in.

The service is free of charge to the existing Ultimate Oomph and Gig1 Fibre Broadband customers. All other existing customers who have a Hub 3 or 4, can take up the offer for £5 a month. At the moment the service allows an individual to get up to 3 WiFi Pods.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike: Is that info up on the website yet?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello @jbrennand 

Cannot find anything on the VM website but a quick google and it has been notified to all of the press as SUN, Metro and other news sites are showing it.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RedSal95
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yes you can upgrade for £5 a month.... but would have thought when paying so much for M350 Fibre Broadband that these pods should be inclusive. i probably need 2 or 3 so that's quite expensive.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is but - they are free at least to those on 1GB or ultimate oomph packages.

If not £5/month will soon pay off a very decent Mesh system or wireless router + access point that is y ours to own and use forever

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Even if you need to order 1, I would look around before ordering as there may be better solutions. £5/month is £60/year and you can purchase a new WiFi router which much better reliability than VM router for approx £50, and keep it at the end of your contract... 

0 Kudos