cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Street is cabled but not my house :(

melesmeles
Joining in

My questions falls into this bracket. 

I am about to move house and the house next door is on the drop down list of properties that virgin is available for and others on the street on either side of the house. So I would imagine it passes straight across the top of the drive. 

Could I be contacted please to let me know if anything can be done. 

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi there,

Absolutely yes. They will arrange a spotter for you if you are wishing to move services to this address.

The spotter will then see if the property is serviceable.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

Are you wishing to move services to this address?

Have you spoken to the movers team yet?

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

nohare
Joining in

melesmeles;

Good luck with that....

Virgin Media told me that essentailly they wouldn't spend the money cabling up to my house:

In their response to me they said the works will "...exceed the budget and will not go ahead" and [quote] "...there is too much work in the carriageway (road) which takes it over budget".

and yet I can see the their new manhole cover 30 feet from my house - go figure that.

Nice one Virgin - keep up the good work.

Hi Christy

No I've not, I'm a current customer and moving a few miles, but in the same City. Thought I'd see if virgin was available on the street and it is but oddly not at the number of house I'm going to. 

Next door is on the list and a few others on the same side of the street. 

Are you suggesting the "movers team" is the best place to start ? 

thanks

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi there,

Absolutely yes. They will arrange a spotter for you if you are wishing to move services to this address.

The spotter will then see if the property is serviceable.

Thanks

Christy