cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Multiple Failed Installations.... zero communication

Pallas
Tuning in

Thanks for the great read. I’m in the same common situation. Really really didn’t want to get VM because I’ve only heard bad things about them but sky didn’t do fibre in my new flat.

I’ve had the problem of the ghost engineers and my pre work dates getting moved next day to next day despite VM saying my latest delayed install date would be the last. Good to know CISAS should be able to help me when I choose to get off this wild ride. 

would you be at liberty to share what agreement and compensation you managed to come to. I’m sure it would help others in the same situation feel less helpless.

thanks so much!

EDIT: Just realised it started a new thread instead of replying to the other one. The thread and resolution I’m referring to is from this thread;

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

Same issue, looking for a similar resolution

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Pallas,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to get your services installed, this is far from the experience that we want any of our customers to have.

What is the latest advice that you have been given by ourselves and have you spoke to the pre-install team on 08000521734?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven thanks for replying. They just informed me I’ll be getting another 2 week delay bringing it to 6 weeks since promising to install. A lady told me they would be doing a site survey on Monday but I’m not holding my breath as whenever they’ve said someone is coming no one’s turned up. Will find out what there excuse will be after the Monday no show and get back to you.

Cheers

Hi Pallas, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm really sorry to hear this. 

Please let us know how things go today. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Site survey tech didn’t show up unsurprisingly. Called and they said they had no idea what was going on as usual. Said Kelly Communications was doing it. Called Kelly Communications and they said the job was on hold and I should talk to virgin. Call Virgin again and they had no answers. Asked to be copied into an email to the site manager and of course no email has been sent.

So right now my installation isn’t happening and no one is bothered to sort it out 🙂 don’t know what to do

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Pallas,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the delay with your installation.

Can you please check your online account for nay new appointments? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley thanks for the message. There’s appointment booked tomorrow. Would be more than surprised if they show up. Will let you know tomorrow.

Just got another email for delay which came early as it usually comes the day before the install. Should I give up and cancel? 

Got hung up on 4 times but finally cancelled! Don’t have to deal with this rubbish anymore! Huge weight off.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pallas,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm very sorry to hear that the delay in your install caused you to cancel our services completely. 

I understand that waiting for an install can be very frustrating, and I do apologise that we were unable to have this completed for you. Hopefully we can see you in the future.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs