cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hub 5: Our first ever WiFi 6 broadband router

Tweedriver
Joining in

I’ve just had a garbled call from VM telling me a superhub 5 is on its way. No request from me to have one. Thing is, I don’t really want it. I’ve a SH2 which works just fine on my 200/20 service. My WiFi is serviced by a mesh network, so I don’t care about the SH’s wireless performance.
Am I ok to leave the new SH5 in a corner unused when it arrives? Or are they trying to get SH2s off the network and I’ll end up in a mess if I don’t ultimately plug in the SH5? 

Has the issue of not being able to change the LAN IP address range been fixed yet? I use the 10.x.x.x. Range

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @Tweedriver 

Thanks for the reply!

I've passed your feedback on to Gareth_L - glad to hear you're happy!

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@jbrennand wrote:

@Andrew-G wrote:

Nothing like this was happening a month ago with a Hub 3. 

A bit unlikely I know... but could a...  network or cabling damage or street cab issue (etc.) have serendipitously occurred around the time you swapped Hubs? 

I guess putting a Hub3 back on would answer that.

The Hub 3 is unfortunately returned, and somebody is thinking "Great, they've sent me a new hub....but why is it covered in dust and teeth marks?"

My own cables aren't the issue (Hub 5 in router mode now with wifi off and mesh in AP mode) and I still have an hour and half outage yesterday due to an area fault.  Could the apparently persistent area faults be coincidence?  Possibly.  But given VM's crap customer service and equally crap complaints I'm not really seeing much traction in getting things resolved.  From first line's perspective, if the internet comes back the problem is solved.  For complaints, their perspective is "how may I fob you off?"