cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do customers contact Virgin Media? online chat not working

LibraOnAmission
On our wavelength

Exactly where is the CHAT? I've been through that many webpages, using Win 11 MS Edge and I can't even find it. I found a page that tells me you can use chat...with no link to the chat page.. not so helpful. I need to contact about a superhub fault and even have phoned on the 0345 number, but hey it doesn't recognise the "1" response when asked "Press 1 for.." my phone is a brand new Samsung Galaxy A53 and works perfectly.. So HOW do I contact anyone apart from via this forum? Thanks in anticipation..

8 REPLIES 8

LibraOnAmission
On our wavelength

As an update, I eventually got through to an automated response which sent me links to useless options unconnected with my issue and at the end the robot says "if you are still having problems you can talk to one of our team" and promptly hung up!!! Aarrgghh I want to speak to one of the team, question is HOW? I've raised a complaint as this is nonsensical. I'll be interested to see if I get a response on this forum.

Hello @LibraOnAmission,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the wait on getting through to our webchat team.

Please can you tell me what help you need from us? We will do our best to help you from this platform.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley, appreciated. Ok, I have a Superhub2 which I've had for a while now but it's starting to get flaky dropping 5Ghz SSIDs then 2.4 one's intermittently, it looks like it is getting past its sell by date and i want to get it swapped before I lose Wi-Fi altogether. Can you tell me how I organise getting this device replaced by a more robust model please?

Thanks, in anticipation.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LibraOnAmission 

You might be able to process a hub swap by following the instructions and links on the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals/hub?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @LibraOnAmission,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing Hub and broadband connection query. Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your services recently.

I have been able to run some checks on our system and I cannot see any local issues that would be impacting your services. I have also taken a look at your power levels at the moment and I cannot see any problems. Everything looks good on our side.

Can you tell us a little more about the issues you're experiencing and what happens with your connection?

Are you able to set up a BQM chart so we can see when your disconnections happen? 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cheers @newapollo I have located a WhatsApp number from a Forum support person and have gone down that route and expect a replacement in next 5 days, appreciate the link though.

Hi @Pauline_Z, 

haven't got a BQM monitor to chart it but to be honest its ad-hoc, can be any time of day or evening. It is totally random and the fact when I reboot the device it goes back to normal for a while then over time it degrades. As the Superhub 2 is very old I'd assess that it is just long in the tooth and needs a replacement and your tech support agreed and is sending one through, after I eventually got through to them. Looking forward to receiving the hub replacement in the next week. Thanks for your support on this though, appreciated!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again LibraOnAmission, thanks for getting back to us to advise it's now been sorted out for you.

We're glad to hear you're about to receive a brand new hub from us.

Indeed Superhub 2AC is a legacy one, meaning we do not do those any more and you will now get a hub 3.0 as a replacement 🙂
This does not mean our older hubs don't work but we would still replace this as an upgrade anyway.

Let us know if you have any issues in the future, we're happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs