cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Delayed install

pjcoonan
Joining in

My house move was arranged for 29th April and it has now been pushed back to the 9th May, meaning I will have no interest for this period of time. When I have spoken to the customer service department that have told me that they cannot find an earlier installation date than this. I also tried to inquire whether I could have an alternative source of internet in the mean time but I was advised that they do not offer this. Am I eligible for a Dongle?

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do you have a written record of the original installation date? If so you will be entitled to compensation. 

There is very little chance of the dongle. They have often been mentioned, but rarely seen.

Has your new address already got a Virginmedia cable from the road? If not, the date you have been given may be subject to change while they find someone to do the work. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I do have an email yes - that is good to know thank you!

I think this is why there is a delay as they need an engineer to do some work first. I had a text to say the work carried out was completed successfully so was very disappointed to hear about a delay. Unfortunately I don't have unlimited data on my mobile which makes not having wifi very inconvenient!

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey pjcoonan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your install, I have been able to locate you on our system and can see that a call back was scheduled since you last posted.

Has that call back happened with you yet?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven 

Thanks for the response. I have had my WiFi installed with a temp cable over the driveway. The contractor needs to return to dig up the driveway. Will they leave it in the same condition after digging? What happens if not?

Hi pjcoonan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, when the Technician comes to bury the cable he will not leave until you sign to accept the work carried out, if there are any issues please call us and we will be more than happy to look further into this for you.

Regards

Paul.