cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Broadband installation delay

rahulgkrishna
Joining in

I also faced the same issue and totally frustrated with their horrible service. It was my mistake choosing them based on the internet speed. 

I placed the order on Aug 3rd and scheduled the installation for 24th Aug as I moved to my new house on 23rd Aug. But it was only on 23rd Aug afternoon, I got a call from Virgin saying there is some cabling issue and they are waiting for council permission and my installation was postponed to 13th of Sept. 1st of all why the hell they didn't check this earlier and informed me only 1 day before my original scheduled date? 2nd, the new installation was 3 weeks later. How can you take a luxury of 3 weeks for a mistake from your end?

Then I got an email from them saying apologies and giving me some 25£ credits to compensate. 2 days back when I asked about this to customer service person, she is saying I'm not eligible for this. What the f***. Virgin media, whats your eligibility criteria? waiting till eternity? I'm a person working from home and have regular video meetings. This really impacted my work as I needed to use my mobile hotspot by changing my SIM contract to unlimited data by paying 26£ a month. That 4G from Lebera is another useless piece of **bleep**.🤬

Ok, leave about all these. Somehow I was happy hoping Virgin will finally come for installation in couple of days (13th Sept) and I scheduled some delayed 1 to 1 meetings with my Senior management folks for next week. But guess, what happened. Today, my day started with that horrible message again from Virgin. They needed to postpone my installation to 29th Sept. wth!!! What do you think Virgin media? Do you give any value for your customers? 

Now I don't need your broadband anymore. I'm going for vacation and I won't even be here in UK on 29th Sept. So just cancel my contract. I'm not expecting any compensation from a fraud company like you. But aleast dont give me anymore burdens. 

I'm new to UK. I'm not sure if there is a consumer court here. If yes, then I'm surely going to raise a complaint against Virgin. Such an unethical organisation!!!!

11 REPLIES 11

Z92
Trouble shooter

If you want to cancel your contract this isn't the way to do it, you need to contact customer services or write them a letter as explained in the contract you received.

If this is the first time you have attempted to have a Virgin Media package installed then it can take weeks or sometimes months to provision if they encounter problems. An 8 week delay is typical for such problems.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rahulgkrishna thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of the long delay in installation. Are you still wishing to cancel your account? I really want to help you.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

let the install happen - put it back to after your holiday - if there are external problems they will not complete them if you cancel - so you would be back in the same position if you decided at a later date you wanted VM - so get it installed - if it works fine - if you are not happy for any reason cancel in the first 14days at no cost to you

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I had a long call with thier customer service 2 days back and decided to give them 1 more chance before 29th Sept. Its surely a huge gap in coordination between external workers, installation and customer service. I got a message last Friday about confirmation of my today's installation, and got rechedule message on Saturday.

Also I understood that I'm their 1st customer in this area, but then I dont know why they showed service as available when I checked with my postcode on their website.

Anyway a bad experience is a bad experience and I feel Virgin could have checked and communicated this in a much better way rather than blind last minute rescheduling messages. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rahulgkrishna wrote:

Anyway a bad experience is a bad experience and I feel Virgin could have checked and communicated this in a much better way rather than blind last minute rescheduling messages. 

It's definitely ironic that they are so bad at communication. If openreach full fibre is available in your area you will get 900mb down and 110mb up at a lower price to VM's Gig1 which is 1000mb down and 50mb up.

BT is currently lower cost than VM, no install/activation or set up fees and about a 2 week wait.  Their router (Smart Hub 2) is far better reviewed than VM's Hub 4 (which are nearly all refurbs as they don't have new stock) and indeed complaints are substantially lower with BT. 

VM took top prize for most complained about company in 3 categories this quarter, and 2nd in the other.

Z92
Trouble shooter

It's definitely ironic that they are so bad at communication. If openreach full fibre is available in your area you will get 900mb down and 110mb up at a lower price to VM's Gig1 which is 1000mb down and 50mb up.

II've signed upto Pure Broadband which is 500mb in both directions and is a lower price than VM have quoted me to continue my 100MB/10MB connection with them, but only by 1p. Apparently it's the lowest price VM can do so change ISP we must.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Z92 wrote:

II've signed upto Pure Broadband which is 500mb in both directions and is a lower price than VM have quoted me to continue my 100MB/10MB connection with them, but only by 1p. Apparently it's the lowest price VM can do so change ISP we must.

VM CEO has said in interviews they are not interested in budget triple play customers so I suspect they won't shed a tear losing a 100mb customer.

Never heard of pure broadband, equal speeds sounds interesting.

Z92
Trouble shooter

They are an ISP utilizing the VX Fibre FTTP network. Looking around customer service appears good and firing off a technical email (yes, email!) got me a reply the same day. They sent me a RT-AC59U as the router, but you can just use your own if you prefer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Retentions offered me 100mb at £19 a month for 18 months.

In the end I declined and went ahead with leaving.