cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 3 Months Delayed Installation

ara32
Joining in

Hi Tom,

Also experiencing the exact same issues and yesterday told the outside work has been delayed again. Would appreciate it if you could also log a complaint against our account too. 

Thanks. 

15 REPLIES 15

JBe
On our wavelength

Ha! Yes I'm sure you're both right.   Be nice to think it was the case however - and nice to think some Bean Counter somewhere within VM would force someone to actually take notice 😁       £5.04 a day chicken feed to them however I guess....  😢

Hi,

The outside work did not take place and has now rolled over for two further days. We are having to arrange friends to be in for our installation next week and rearrange work schedules, which I don't want to do if the install isn't going to happen. Please could you explain why the work hasn't been done? I've had no contact as usual from Virgin. 

Hi ara32,
Thank you for reaching back out to us, we are sorry for the ongoing inconvenience this is causing and that you have again got to arrange for friends to be at your property, I have been able to locate the account and can see what has been going on, so I can discuss this further I will invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Tom

I've had exactly the same atrocious experience. My installation was 1st due on the 3rd of Feb 22. The engineer came only to find that only the houses in my Street had the Virgin cable & boxes in the pavement and not the flats, including mine. The surveyor came out and a booked the outside work, with the pre installation team. The installation was then postponed from the 3rd of Feb to the 12th of Mar and now postponed to the 28th Mar 22.

My previous Plusnet provider kindly gave me 2 extensions but I wasnt able to get a 3rd extension and Plusnet cancelled. I am now without any fast internet, I suffer from severe mental problems and hardly ever go out. The internet is my lifeline, and I now feel so isolated. Getting a new contract with Plusnet etc will take up to 2 weeks to start. A prob with that now also, is that an 02 sim card was included with the Virgin Media package which I've been using since the end of January.

I've been on the phone to Virgin Media about a dozen times or more, and now they seem to be passing the buck and blaming their outside contractors.

I may now have no choice to fill in the Offcom form if the ouside work is not done soon and the installation isnt completed by or before the 28th Mar 22.

I can't believe a multi million doller company like Virgin would treat new or potential new customers absolutely appaling like this.

Any help or advice would be appreciated from anyone. Pretty desperate.

rg2clive

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I'm very sorry to hear that.

You may get some sympathetic words from the staff here, but as a company policy it's clear that Virgin Media really don't care about inconvenience to their potential customers. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @rg2clive, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry to hear of your concerns.

I can look into this further for you, so please expect a PM to arrive shortly and we'll discuss things further there
Many thanks

Tom_W