cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJ11 connection, not cable

CyberByte727
Joining in

I've just received my self-start pack from Virgin Media with the TV box and router.  When I went for this deal, I didn't notice anywhere that I would be needing to have cable access installed.

I've never had cable in this house (lived here over 15 years) but when I input my Eir Code before signing up I was told I could receive all the services.

Is there any way I can use my standard phone connection with the Virgin setup, or do I need a cable access?  If so, are there hidden costs to this that I was not made aware of initially?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are mentioning Eir codes this would place you in the Republic of Ireland.

This forum is for customers of Virgin Media UK & is staffed by the UK company employees. Virgin Media Ireland is totally separate, so you need to contact them for assistance.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Best of luck sorting your issue.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-support/ 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are mentioning Eir codes this would place you in the Republic of Ireland.

This forum is for customers of Virgin Media UK & is staffed by the UK company employees. Virgin Media Ireland is totally separate, so you need to contact them for assistance.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Best of luck sorting your issue.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-support/ 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks very much nodrogd, appreciate the quick reply 🙂

But you will need a new cable connection.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.