Menu
alana-b
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quickstart installation wrong wall connector

I have just received my quick start box for broadband having waited over a week from when it was meant to be delivered only to find that our doesn't fit the connector I have on my wall. I was told multiple times when I ordered that I would be able to use the quickstart.

The only reason I went with virgin was because of the quick start option, in the time I've been waiting I could have had an engineer from another provider come out and install. 

I am currently on the phone to vm trying to get it sorted, not having much luck - have already been cut off once when I eat meant to be being transferred to the "pre install" team.

I can't work until this is sorted, I already regret going with vm and I haven't even tried the broadband yet.

Has anyone got any ideas of what I can do short of cancelling my contract completely and going with someone else? 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quickstart installation wrong wall connector

The Quick Start ordering pages tell you what you should have to connect too. The only info VM has is that a previous customer at the address has used services. They are not responsible for, or will have any knowledge of a previous occupant removing the internal sockets or wiring you need to use since that installation took place.

So if you dont have either of the sockets below you will require a manned install:

Virgin coax outletVirgin coax outletNew Euro outletNew Euro outlet

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi alana-b, 

Thank you for your post. 

Sorry for the experience you've had here. I can see from your account that you've spoken with the team over the phone regarding this - also have a technician appointment booked. Can you let me know how things are going? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
alana-b
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

Having been on the phone to vm for over 2 hours and eventually getting an engineer out it seems to have been resolved.

0 Kudos