Menu
Rachel041185
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quickstart and Engineer issue

Hello all, 

Just a quick one, I've come back to virgin after a few weeks elsewhere with another service. I've still got all the fixtures and fittings to go with new equipment and would not require a visit from an engineer. I've initially received an email saying that I have a quickstart pack on its way today but then heard nothing since. I've then got an email saying I'm having a engineer coming to fit my new equipment. I have contacted customer services who were absolutely useless (no offence intended) I explained countless times that we have had virgin services at the address a matter of weeks ago and the quickstart pack will be fine. I keep getting told I'm having an engineer as its a new connection dispute there not being a job for an engineer to do.

Am I still getting a quickstart pack?

Why do the customer services not listen to what we are telling them?

I'm extremely frustrated as I'm without all services so it's a difference between getting up and running or having to wait another week. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quickstart and Engineer issue

Only thing that I can think of is that there has perhaps been a noise ingress problem in your area and they want to fully checkout your connection, is it terminated with the small terminator caps?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel041185,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

Sorry for the confusion here. Have you had your engineer visit?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Rachel041185
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

I have thank you. However the engineer did state "why am I here when you could just have a quick set up pack"

However I am up and running now thanks. 

0 Kudos