cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickstart - No internal coaxial cable

Sumjons
Tuning in

Hi guys, 

I've had my quickstart kit delivered but it appears there is no cable going from the brown box outside my house to inside the house. Please see attached photos. Seems like the cable was cut at some point and any drilled holes repaired.

No sign of a cable in any other room either.

OutsideOutsideInternal sideInternal side

Thanks for any help you can provide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Quickstart is offered "if there has been a service there in the past"

If someone has then removed all cabling then, as you may have found out the hard way - an engineer is needed!

It sucks but VM can't be blamed for people removing cables.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

lotharmat
Community elder
You'll need an engineer - I'd give them a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111

(or you could wait until they pick this up - could be a day or so!)

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a black cable to the right of the omnibox that disappears through the grey bricks, must go somewhere.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Under the floorboards perhaps?

Is there a void under them?

It's laminate so I'm not likely to get under there as it's rented accommodation so will need an engineer either way, I'll give them a call but this have been a very frustrating process for an alleged 'quickstart' and starting to feel grateful for the cooling down period.

Quickstart is offered "if there has been a service there in the past"

If someone has then removed all cabling then, as you may have found out the hard way - an engineer is needed!

It sucks but VM can't be blamed for people removing cables.

Looks like a new hole has to be drilled.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Sumjons

Sorry to hear of the problems setting up your recent Quickstart order for our services, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

As has been mentioned before and from the images you have posted it looks like a previous tenant has removed the cabling from the property, it's likely we weren't informed this was going to happen so on our systems it would still show as Quickstart being available.

Have you been able to call the team to arrange a technician to come and re-cable the property? If not let me know and I'm happy to help.

Rob

Hi there,

I haven't managed to yet, if there is anything you can do to speed it up that would be awesome, due to my job I probably can't make a call until tomorrow at this rate! 

Thanks fo any help you can provide.

I'm happy to help Sumjon, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you and look forward to hearing back from you.

Rob