Menu
venuvedam
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Quickstart Installation Help - TV in a different room

Hi,

I need an engineer to come in and install the TV service for me. I have the quickstart kit with me. However, the Virgin Media modem and my TV are in two different rooms. Hence unable to use the quickstart kit myself. 

When I call, I am on hold for literally hours with a message that I should go to the website for quick help. On the website I don't see any option for booking an engineer appointment or even chat with someone to tell them I need this help. What is the point in directing your callers to website if there is no option there to get any help at all?

Shouldn't there be a straightforward process for people who cannot use quickstart kits themselves to get help immediately?

Can't believe there is absolutely no way to get help from Virgin Media. How is this even possible in 2021? My kid is impatiently waiting for the TV service to get installed so that he can watch in the ongoing cricket matches.

I know this is a community page and not the direct Virgin Media customer support. However, I am sure I am not being singled out in this amazingly atrocious experience. Any tips on how to get in touch with a VM representative either on phone or on website before 2021 ends?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quickstart Installation Help - TV in a different room

Weren't you offered a tech install rather than "quickstart"?

Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone - use options 1,1,4,4, for "thinking of leaving" say you want to cancel if this isn't sorted - they will usually connect you the right department. CS are still picking up - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through with least wait times

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.