cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickest way to order wifi pods?

watersonpaul70
Tuning in

What’s the quickest way to order WiFi pods? Have had my Virgin kit installed for coming up on 2 weeks and I have run scans in all the rooms in the house. Three rooms are showing a poor signal. Have tried ordering via the online chat function and tried calling Virgin but no joy. 
Now the Connect App seems to have an issue and I can’t run any more scans?

How the hell can you get Virgin to cough up a WiFi pod???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est) .

The app should fine tune your connection and make it stronger in your various rooms and then if you meet the criteria order a pod for you.

(The app needs to show you get download speeds under 20Mbps to be able to order the pod )

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also try calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

SteveHind
Tuning in

Good luck with ordering a wifi pod. I have been trying for days and have been sent from department to department with each giving excuses why they can't help. I have rung them, used webcam and used the Virgin Connect app, which confirmed poor signals in 2 bedrooms, but no luck.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est) .

The app should fine tune your connection and make it stronger in your various rooms and then if you meet the criteria order a pod for you.

(The app needs to show you get download speeds under 20Mbps to be able to order the pod )

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also try calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @watersonpaul70,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having some Wi-Fi issues and are having a bit of trouble ordering a Wi-Fi Pod. Have you been able to order one via the Connect App since your post? If not, what happens when you perform a scan?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I managed to speak to a human being at Virgin on Saturday and my WiFi pod is due to be delivered today. Hopefully that will solve my WiFi issues.

Cheers

Paul

Hi watersonpaul70, thanks for the reply and I am happy to hear that this is on the way to becoming resolved. 

How are the pods, have you found that things have now improved?

Kind regards. Chris.

Hi Chris,

The pod arrived on time and the WiFi issue has been sorted. 

Paul

Hi @watersonpaul70 

Thanks for coming back to the thread with the update 🙂 do pop back to the community if you need further assistance.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill