Menu
akitog
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

QuickStart Eligibility

Hi,

I have recently moved into a new property where the landlord confirmed that previous tenants from a while back Virgin Media (not sure how long ago though).

The landlord pointed out the following outlet:

image.pngOutlets

Could I confirm if this is a Virgin Media outlet and if I am eligible for QuickStart?

Thanks,

~Gioan

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: QuickStart Eligibility

dont see why not, would star the order process and that should say self-install aka quickstart
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
akitog
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks heaps for the prompt response paultechy!

I was a little concerned as my outlet is significantly different from the one shown on 

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/quickstart/eligibility.htmlquickstart_wall-socket.jpg

It just adds to me doubts that the existing port is virgin media compatible. I would like to avoid the scenario of installing a new line if possible as it would require permission from the landlord and all. 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If it's a VM cable then you've got an isolator fitted. Best to get a better photo of it.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
akitog
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all. Based on your replies, I went ahead and signed up. I'll keep you posted on the outcome. *Fingers crossed*

0 Kudos
EightBall
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's definitely VM but that silver box is a safety component that protects against ingress from mains electricity and as such, should really be in housing.