Menu
Fezz
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Quick started no connection since 9 days

Hi so I took out a contract which was activated on the 17th April and was told over the phone that I should Quick Start as I had Virgin Media in the past. No internet came through and was told Engineer would come on the 21st and so they did and found out the cable is damaged and that I would need to wait 2 weeks (6th May) for the team to come fix the problem. This means to be able to have connection so that means I have no internet or phone for that long (17 April - 6 May). Then I got a message saying that I can have a earlier install of 26th April via SMS and replied to them to confirm that date, now being that date they are no longer coming and have decided to not give me that choice and said 28th April instead, I then chose that and now they are saying they are going to continue on the original date (6th May). I was wondering if there are any compensation I could get or quicker resolution as it would be almost 3 weeks without service.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick started no connection since 9 days

Hi Fezz, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the installation. 

Usually with the cable being damaged, we would need to pull a new one through which can take some time depending on what would be required. 

With that being said, it sounds like you are getting automated texts to install the service before this work is completed which I appreciate must be frustrating. 

I am afraid that we would need to complete the re-pull of the cable before we can get you installed, sorry 😞 

All information regarding our compensation scheme can be found here

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick started no connection since 9 days

My thoughts are that you are outside the scope of the compensation scheme, as the following is not fulfilled:

1) The broken cable was not a "known" issue at the time you arranged the install.

2) If the cable pull is carried out by a third party contractor it is outside Virgin's control.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos