cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick start no wall port

Jessrich18
Joining in

Just received my quick start hub and there's no wall port to connect. I've checked outside boxes and leads to see if there's not a wall box but no luck. No idea why it let me choose this option. I'm renting so won't be able to have a technician around to instal one. Want to cancel my contract but not luck with speaking to someone on the phone! Help please!! 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Note that your contract doesnt actually start until the service is installed and activated, so it may beworth chasing up why you have no wall box/socket.  VM only send quickstart packs to addresses that have had a working connection in the past - but to be sure, and to cancel the contract see this...

1) There should be a form in the quick start pack which you fill in and return to the address shown - sendo it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival

2) Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore - if you can record the conversation.

"TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on…. 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001

3) Cancel by text - Just send a text with a description of the cancellation to 07533 051809 - you should get notification back within a few hours - if not try another method. Keep all texts that confirm receipt etc.

4) Cancel In writing to…

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.

Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Jessrich18
Joining in

I called the pre installation team, but they required my password/memorable word to cancel my contract. They said they would send a little with my memorable word on it but i know i havent set one up! I don't have a login with virgin as everytime I try to set one up it says you can't use that password or an error code. I'm getting no where with this. If anyone has another number I can call or someone I can speak to that would be amazing. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate) use options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and the retentions are UK based and so may be more helpful.

If you get nowhere just forget it - no contract starts before being connected and they would have to contact you regarding install dates so you can reply back and cancel then - if it ever gets that far

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.